Zero off not working

TDET

• Baller

We had the same problem and it was the antennas that weren't working, you can go into the diagnostics to find this out.

ZO supplied us with 2 new antennas under warranty pretty quickly.

This morning we went out and the ZO display look right but didn't work.

I went to the diagnostic page and it said GPS 1 fail GPS 2 fail.

Different from last night.

This morning had to be the nicest am of the spring, good thing for the paddle wheel,I think........

• Baller
Same problem we had, I couldn't believe that 2 antennas could fail at the same time but found out that ZO will run on 1 antenna and the only way you know there is a problem is by checking in the diagnostics, so it is really worth checking regularly to see if an antenna has failed.

• Baller

From experience with 2-3 different 200's, it's typically a lack of voltage to the Zero pucks on startup.

When you turn the key "on"(not start), the system immediately sends power to the pucks. If the voltage is too low, the pucks do not get enough power and boot up. Therefore, once ZO is on, there is not data coming from the pucks. AKA, "NO GPS".

On some 200's, i think starting in 2011, there was a master power switch/knob that you could turn and depower the entire system. If there is similar on the 2010, turn it and let it sit for 5 minutes. Make sure you have everything turned off when you turn the key back on and immediately crank the boat. If it doesn't have the power knob for master off, with the key turned on and ZO display lit, pull the red accessory wire off the battery. You'll see ZO go dark. Turn the key off and let the system sit for 5 minutes. Then repeat wire mounting and starting your system.

After both of these, it might take up to 2 minutes to get 3-4 satellites for a lock on the system.

The chance of both pucks going bad is extremely low. Especially considering the diagnostics is telling you both pucks failed to power up.

I've seen a couple scenarios: Old battery not crisp with the amps, some sort of draw on the system while the boat sat over night, connection not tight at the battery.

Yes it's very frustrating but high probability it's a power system issue.

@scoke That sounds interesting,ill give it a try tonight.

I have a 2010 so I don't have a master off switch.

The battery is original, would that give it low voltage on start up?

It sounds fine on start up.

Thanks for the idea.

• Baller

TDET: Absolutely it could be the battery. That battery could be going on 3 to 4 years old easily? Boat batteries take a pounded more so than vehicle batteries. One of the 200's i was referencing was a 2010 original battery. He was pretty frustrated; spent ~$85 on a new battery, never had the problem again. If it's a new battery and still having the issue, their is a wiring-power loss issue somewhere in the system. Your case, I would suspect it's the battery.