Do I need a smaller ski?

KcSwerver

• Baller

Hi I'm Bryan Bailey and I'm a skiholic. Here is some background info on me. I average around 140 pounds but I'm bound to be growing I am 6'1" 16 years old. I have been skiing on my dads 80's Connelly concept which was a 67.5. I felt fine on it. So my family decides to buy me a new to me ski. It is a 66.5 goode 9900.

Yesterday I went to my first tournament of the year and set my all time PB of 5.5 @ 15 off at 32 mph. (Not that impressive but I'm looking to improve)

While at the tournament a few people said the ski would be too big for me, and I wanted to get your opinions on it.

It's possible we could get a new ski but I really think it would be a pain to a)sell this one and b) find the right one, all without losing much money (if possible) so if you can help me out that would be awesome!

• Baller
@KcSwerver Skiing on a +1 size ski can be helpful at 32 mph and slower. It will ride a bit higher in the water so it's faster than a smaller ski, and you want all the speed you can generate right now. Consider skiing it without the wing too. The only downside of a bigger ski is that it's a little harder to turn than a smaller ski, but only a little, and that will be good for your technique development too. You are on a good ski and making PB's with it. Save your money and work the Goode for awhile.

• Baller
I agree with what has been posted. At 16 and 6'1" unless you have Nate's frame you are likely to be in the 165-180 pound range in a year or two and that ski will fit you great then. Certainly through 34 mph that ski should work fine.