Mapple 6.0

Skihack

• Baller
How are bindings mounted to this ski? Does this ski come with inserts? I seem to recall some sort of double back tape was being used. Was wondering where this tape could be purchased if it was being used to secure bindings.

• Baller
OB, that's an interesting observation " not good enough to ski any other ski but Goode". Can you elaborate on that. I somewhat have the same observation. I've seen many skiers having trouble trying to accomplish better edge changes, handle control and so forth on other skis and when they go to a Goode, they claim they can do these things easier. Strange.

• Baller

@OB -- I haven't ever been on crack, so I'm OK on my M6! Haven't had many sets but last Saturday I skied two sets. Right down the line to 3 at 38 first set, then ran four 35s back to back. Second set 32 and then seven straight 35s. Now, I've done similar sets on other skis. Difference here -- some of those 35s were so stupid early and wide I thought I could have been at 28! The amount of space I can create when I ski it right is something I've never experienced before. Hoping, like you, that this gets me consistently through 38 and a good ways down 39 this year.

I'd be remiss if I also didn't give props to Chet Raley -- the guy is an excellent coach! Learned more in a day than I've learned in years, and that is a definite contributor to my being earlier on the line as well.

• Baller

I've been so inconsistent this year, it's crazy. Yes, I came off the N1, and was struggling on it terribly - never came close to running 35 on it this spring. I hopped on the M6, and skied lights out. For whatever reason, I have not felt really "good" on anything this year. I have moments when I run right up the line to 38, and then days that I struggle at 32. Don't really know what to attribute that to - high water levels and crappy conditions at home, new ski (not really new any more), new bindings, etc. I really feel like my off-season work is a big part of my issue - I spent a LOT of time in the gym - gained some strength (and 20 lbs...), but also lost some of that "nimble" feeling I had last year.

So, I'm going to do what I can to take the ski out of the equation. I've never seen anyone that can set up a ski like Andy can, so I made the decision to go there and get his help. I think that my biggest issue starts at the ankles, and I would have this struggle with whatever I was on at the moment. I am going to do everything I can to make this one be the one I stay on (heck, I have logged 96 sets on it...). I will be in Orlando from Thursday-Sunday, and will work with @Mapple until I either get it, or he runs me off! I am really looking forward to getting down there...