What's up with my reflex boot?

bhs

• Baller
I have had the boot for about 4 years. This year I have a burning pain on the outside ankle bone. I thought my liner was worn. Got a new liner but I still have the problem. Is it possible for the boot to break down? Change over time?

• Baller
shells can change over time especially if they get real hot in the car ect the plastic on the reflex is easy to change do you have a heat gun? put the liner on pad the problem area with foam, put the shell on heat it with the heat gun and it will change shape, then stick your foot in water and let cool for 10-15 mins that should take care of the ankle bite. if not add more material and do it again.

• Baller

If you have an alpine snow ski shop in your area they should have a press that can punch out the affected area that is causing your problem.

The other thing that you might check is to see if the ankle hinge screw is loose? If so - lock-tite it - while tightening it.

• Baller

Not sure where you're from but I could definitely see someone laying a ski on it's side on something in a hot car. If the boot is resting on your handle or something it could easily have pushed the boot in just enough to make a pressure point.

If that's not it, you might want to double check the boot alignment. Could've shifted enough to cause you to tweak your ankle while skiing.

• Baller

Thanks everyone! For the last three weeks I have been driving the wife's car and my ski has spent some time in the back resting on the right side of the boot, plus a couple of hot Texas day I believe have caused my problem. Going to use a heat gun and change the way I transport my ski.

Again thanks for the replies.