Marcus Brown's commercial

• Baller
My next door neighbor is a professional wake boarder and was down in Powell with @MarcusBrown while they were filming it. He told me that after seeing Marcus ski, he was as impressed as could be and definitely wants to start skiing!!! he also said Marcus was as cool as they come...something we already know, but it is great that he is such a great ambassador for our sport!

• Baller
A guy that works the local Malibu shop is a pretty awesome wakeboarder. I think he used to ride most pro divisions and currently makes a living as a sales rep and gives riding lessons. He keeps mentioning to me that wants to come out and start slaloming with us. Just trying to line up schedules to get him out. Wakeboarding is a fad...

• Supporting Member

I actually like wakeboarding (although cable wakeboarding kinda rubs me the wrong way for some reason), and I hope it survives because I especially like people subsidizing the boat industry by shelling out 6-digit sums for the ultimate wakeboard tractor!

But it's also very cool that a lot of folks are "returning" to slalom. If we are able to become more agile as a sport organization, there may be a real opportunity here for a second "hay day" of waterskiing.