Syndicate A3 preparation.

KcSwerver

• Baller

I have a 66" A3 on its way to the house right now (along with my repaired 9900)

There's one thing I'm really exited about. I can FINALLY SCREW MY REFLEX PLATE TO THE SKI! No mores fishing for it at the bottom of the lake (just a heads up it SUCKS)

One question, iv heard alot of people say that to ride a syndicate, you have to be aggressive. What does this really mean? How can I be more aggressive without scaring the crap out of myself (I'm a little timid these days)

from what I'm hearing there seems to be a specific style of riding the ski that lets it excell. What are some things I can think about when skiing it?

• Baller
I have to disagree with that notion. The A3 is remarkably 'controlled' from the centerline, out; meaning stable through the edge change. As such, it's accommodating for any 'style' of skiing. I wouldn't describe my own skiing as overtly aggressive, and this ski suits me really well. It holds its speed very well through the turn, so my best advice for riding this ski is capitalize on that speed. Be prepared to ride further through the turn, closer back to the wake before engaging the rope.

• Baller
I 2nd Trent's thoughts. You can ride the ski easy if that's your style. The thing that made me like it was the fact that while I can cruise on it if everything is going well, I can scrap it out if needed. Can't do that on every ski.

• Administrators

I felt that I had to be extra aggressive on the A2 but I think I ski better on the A3 when I am more calm.

By the way I keep forgetting to put them on Ski-It-Again but I have a few A3s I need to sell. Email me if you are interested.

• Baller

Everything you all are saying is getting me super pumped for this bad boy. I hate sitting in class and not sitting in a boat.

One thing I have always struggled with is letting the ski finish the turn. I hope I can adapt to it, but it sounds like an awesome ski for me.