first set on NEXT

swaterkd

• Baller

OK, I have had 3 sets on the new NEXT. Lets start with some background 34 mph was running 38' on mid ride twist very consistent and was on Nano one for 3 to 4 months. Can not say enough good about the mid ride but have only ran 38 3-4 times on nano one (3-4 months!).

I would say my style is to keep the speed through the turn and I could not adjust to the ski shutting down. Felt like I had to pull all the way to the buoy and had to work very hard at 38.

Now on the NEXT with my water up and getting re-bounders and been windy last couple of days. I feel this ski keeps the speed through the turn AND creates more angle then the Mid twist. Both on and off sides feel the same, maybe there is something to this asym thing. I have only got 3 @ 38 so far, BUT conditions haven't been great here and Its taking me a few sets to start changing my edge at the wake again. More to come.

• Baller

They make it in several sizes...

Coming off Fischer 68 Orange. Average score right now 3 or 4 at 35.

1st ride Sunday after Nationals; terrible, grabbing on onside, no offside turn.

2nd ride last night; better, bindings one hole farther forward. Ran some 28s, but seemed to use a lot of energy to get across course.

3rd ride last night; great! Binding another hole forward. Great angle, turns similar on both sides, ran 28 and 32 without issue. 1.5 @ 35 but mostly tired and sore from not skiing all of last week and bad fall on Sunday.

It seems that binding placement on this ski is pretty sensitive. I have Radar Strada setup on Sequence plate and have always stuggled with where the back of the boot should be measured from. With this ski, I think I have that figured out. I'm at almost 29 inches (nearly the stock setting of 28.875).

I think I'm going to love this ski :)

I also skied it stock for two sets with a biting onside turn but no struggle with the offside...moved the bindings forward an 1/8th to 29" and ran 3 @ 39 in practice which is one buoy off my practice pb. Then today went and ran 3 @ 39 in a tournament after the smoothest 38 I've ever ran. I'm getting video from someone that was there soon and will post it and the crazy part is I still think I can make a few adjustments and make it work even better.

• Baller
I am 6' 2" and 195 lbs. I had a Nano One 65.25" that I just sold. I think it was just too small for me. I posted PB's on it in the last year and was consistently into 38' OFF, but hoping I can create some faster cross course speed on a slightly longer ski.

• Members

@AB

I have been on the 66.75 since July 2012.most of the time i was around 225.

The first version was a little narrower and hard to get across course on at that weight.

The second version came out last fall and is .1 wider.It is better at getting across

Course without getting a hernia.i lost 10 lbs and the ski is working even better.ive skied both the 68.5

And 70.25 goodies also.have you tried the 68.5 traditional Goode?

• Baller

@sbink, I had a 67" 9100 and 9500, then the 67.5 9900. Then went to 66 Wide then 69" Strada 55 and 69.5 Strada.

Goode jumps up from the 68 to a very long ski and didnt know anyone skiing well on them. The 70.5 Nano is very narrow and I heard was designed for Parrish at 36.

The 66.75 is probably a 67.75 by bottom measure, and if wider,,may truly be ok if I can drop 20.

• Members

@AB,the 68.5" goode traditional is a pretty darn good ski for us bigs.

The 70.25 was very nice for reducing pressure on the back

and making ZO think I was a little.You had to stay ahead of the game

on the 70.25.If you got late or into much of a tailwind

it was very hard to turn at speed.I would stay with the 68.5"if you get a chance to try one.

I thought about switching back to my 68.5 right before nationals

but I chickened out and rode my Nano 1.

• Baller
I have been using a NanoOne XT since the nationals and it does not feel any better than my previous NanoOne. I was running 38off 50% of the time, now hardly at all. As they say mileage may vary.. I cant wait for my old ski to come back from Goode it had four inserts pull out and bubbles on the bottome

• Baller
Ran 2 @ 38' OFF on a lake I have never run a complete 35' OFF on during the 3rd set on this new XT. I am LOVING IT! I have to say though, I was on the nano One 65.25 and decided to go with the slightly longer 66" Nano XT....... That may have a little to do with it as well. I think I was on a slightly too small ski.

• Baller

Picking up from where I left off above.

4th set: Crappy; barely able to run my opener (28). Don't know why.

5th set Saturday: 28, 28, 32, 32, 4 @ 35, 4 @ 35. Really felt good.

Today, 6th set: 28, 28, 32, 3.5 @ 35, 1.5 @ 35 (bad gate), 4 @ 35.

7th set: 28, 32, 1 @ 35 (terrible gate), 35, 2 @ 38. I've never run 35 this soon on a new ski!

The gate turn-in is so different than my Fischer 68 was. I think mostly because the ski is so much shorter and easier to rotate that I'm doing too much. This will improve with more sets. I'm pretty happy so far and looking for more sets to settle into what the ski can really do for me. Next tournament in September and I'll be Men 6 so would be nice to clear the 35 loop and pick off a few at 38 :)

• Baller
Ran 4 @ 38 today on my river course. Tied a previous PB, but this time I was headed in good shape to 5 with a good chance to run the pass when I got caught in a boat roller. This ski is going to bump me through to 39.5 before the summer is over! Maybe before labor day. Trying to get to a warmer and shallow body of water to really try it out!

• Baller

Start skiing with the XT about 10 days ago. Our water is kind of cold and fast now in our winter, so I did not expect big scores. First pass, factory settings, could not run 28off. After 2 attempts decided to stop and try the same settings I was using in my Nano One (reflex/R-style 27.75", 6.800, 2.510, 0.750, 9.0). Note the boots 1" back from stock

I skied about the same with the XT using the One numbers (mid to deep 38) . The following days I tried to move the bindings forward and the XT began to get alive, kept moving the bindings forward to Goodes´ sugestion of 28.75" and the ski just rocks now. Yesterday tried 4 times 38off and run all of them! Last pass almost got to 4@39. Considering how cold and fast our water is right now that´s a big score for me.