Reflex liners options

Waternut

• Baller
Looking to see what others use and if they like their liners. I currently have the thick silver Reflex liner with my boot and am not a big fan of it. The insole bunches up constantly so I took it out and now my foot is on a slick rubbery surface which might be worse. The tongue of the liner is insanely thick and gets in the way...maybe it's supposed to be like that but it seems ridiculous. Lastly, putting the liner in the boot without my foot in it is a nightmare. The sides of the liner snag on the shell and refuse to go in/come out without some fighting.

• Baller
Yeah I've wondered that myself because the FM splash liners look like the Intuition aqua liners and have Intuition written on the tongue but are somehow $100 less than the other sources I've seen. Maybe bulk buying saves significantly?

• Baller
@Waternut - could be a version made just for FM, although its interesting that they can sell them as just a bare liner for a price that low. Intuition does the same sort of thing with Scarpa and a few other downhill boot mfg - a private label liner that is some version of the available liners.

• Baller

Intuition Splash tongue liners. These are the same ones that are stock from Goode now. Those silver reflex liners are the worst. They must weigh a pound or more when wet with all the water they absorb.

I would make it a judgement call. If your foot fits pretty tight in the boot I might just use the black tongue liner from reflex. If you need more fill the intuition will give you that.

• Baller
OK - intuition must be selling a pair for $176 (since there is no right/left choice), so the FM's compare at $130. Still a pretty good discount over direct. The snow ski stuff sells for about the same price direct or through a reseller.

• Supporting Member
I've had the FM universal liners for years through three different binding set ups. Work good and durable. A friend of mine went to the Goode liners with the tongue similar to FM Splash tongue liner and felt he could bend his ankle forward better. The liners can also be stretched when molded to be a little thinner. When I bought mine I called FM direct and they were very helpful.

• Baller

Has anyone placed an insole in the thin reflex liner for more arch support and comfort? I've got a big foot and I'm worried if I change out to an intuition liner it may not fit in the shell? The thin liner doesn't bother me but with no support under my arch my foot begins to cramp mid set.

Thoughts?

• Baller
I've been on the FM tour pro liner for a few weeks now. First time I used it, I hated it! Couldn't ride it, it squashed my big toe, and didn't allow enough ankle flex. I remolded the liner taking these things into consideration. I put a folded paper towel on my big toe, used thicker socks, stretched, the liner extra, and let it cool with my ankle flexed fully forward. Now it's a very comfortable liner and I like it.

• Baller

I'm with @Deanoski, "I like the thin reflex liner!! thick liners are not for me!" I have the old, thin yellow and black that came flat and had to be molded. Way thinner than the Intuition liners (just went back to Reflex from PS 5's). Don't think I could get the Intuition liners and my foot into the shell either, shell as is has a very close fit.

@Waternut Go to the thin Reflex liner (lower volume liner), put in some thin SuperFeet footbeds. Cook the liner, put the SuperFeet in and mold to your foot (buckle loosely). You will have the closest fit and great support for your arch. All the Intuition's I have seen are flat on the bottom (even my molded ones), won't help your arch issue at all.

• Baller
The price of Aqua Intuition liners is kind of immaterial. Granted, Stradas may be easier on liners than buckle boots, but I have somewhere around 900 sets on mine, and they'll be good for at least another two seasons. I love these liners.

• Baller

My Reflex arrived a couple days ago, and took my first ride on it today. Like @ShaneH I got the black/white liner w/ a little bungee tie on the front. The Reflex website identifies it as the "thin liner". I love that there is an achilles pad built into them. I have a wide forefoot, but bony ankle. The achilles pad adds support and helps secure the heel.

I had the same thing added to the liners of my snow ski boots, so was glad to see it standard in the Reflex.

Like @dstone124 I am also interested to hear what others may be using for footbed/insoles...and whether they are inside or under the liner. I have a high arch and need some support. Today, I threw the insole that comes w/ Strada boot inside the reflex liner. It seemed to work okay. The aftermarket one I was using in my Strada is too thick for the Reflex.