Angulation, leveled shoulders and vertical head...

ral

• Baller
...and strength. That amount of angulation puts insane force on your lower back and core. Ted is one BA skier. With those kind of edge angles, if he leaned in even slightly with his upper body the skis would not hold and he would slide out. Love watching him ski GS. Thanks for the pic Rodrigo.

• Baller
......and SPEED!!! Most of the "mass" is in the "center" of his turn. The centerpoint of the radius is most likely farther "in" from his head/shoulders/hips. As he is traveling downhill he is arcing around the pivot point. The point in which he comes out of the position is when he will start to move "straight" or tangent to that arcing motion. Gotta love physics!

• Baller
Position of mass is really cool. Sometimes when I ski I feel like my body stays inside the buoy line and upright, while my ski goes around. When this happens, then as the ski comes back inside the buoy line I am in optimal position to be stacked and hook up with the boat. Wish I could execute it every time, cuz when I do it is really awesome.