Standard runs

eleeski

• Baller

These are the standard runs that build a trick skier. You need to be able to do these runs at each level of skiing. You will tailor each run to your specific strengths and weaknesses. All these runs are difficult to finish in time - practice speeds things up. I hope these help. Ask if you have a specific question. Have fun racking up the points but remember, these are the maximum points if you are fast and clean. Have fun working on these.

Eric

• Baller_

Ok. I figured out a bunch of the code above only because I've heard them announced back in the 90s on ESPNs Hot Summer Nights. Loved watching the Twins. :-). But I can't remember them all and having trouble decoding them. Can someone list them out like TB=toe back.

Anyone have suggestions for teaching videos for beginners like Cory P had out?. Anyone got an old copy of his collecting dust that want to get rid of, PM me.

• Baller

The tricks listed above are pretty intuitive codes. T=toe; W=wake; F (or B) indicates the position you end up in - for example B = front to back and 5B = 540 degree turn from front to back. L=line (stepover either leg or ski).

More here on page 103 - http://www.usawaterski.org/pages/divisions/3event/2013AWSARuleBook.pdf

Flips are a bit different since they all have FL in the code were the F doesn't mean front and the L doesn't mean line - unless its somewhere else in the code indicating landing position or a line turn in the flip.

• Baller
@Chef23 if you can do the reverse WBB then forget the RWB & RWF and do the WBB, RWBB instead. 30 fewer points but much faster. Then add a S, RS or even a BB, RBB. Both the S, R and BB, RBB can be done at the end of the second pass too (or both if time is still an issue). That should push the score over 2500 without much trouble.

• Baller

This link http://www.genedavisfamily.com/trickvideos/2013Nationalstrick.html is the best resource I've seen for seeing different trick runs at different levels - the best part about it is that it has the score sheets at the end. Unbelievable resource - thanks Gene!

@Chef23 - I would take a look at Ryan Gay's (B2) handle pass for ideas on how to make things quicker - its like coaching from @mlusa.

• Baller

Thanks for the thread Eric. My 11 year old daughter broke the 1000 point "barrier" this past weekend and the 7 year old scored 840. Planning to push tricks a lot this fall and spring.

Thanks for the links to the other threads as well. My wife and I are from a slalom/jump background. We are only good to about the 1000 point level which we have achieved. Examples of how to sequence runs are very helpful.