Propeller for 2011 Ski Nautique 200 with the 409

skifan

• Baller

I was wondering if any of you guys happen to change from the stock propeller to an acme propeller that reduces the engine rpm at speed? And if so are you happy with the results. I just picked up the boat and love it but at 34 mph through the course the engine rpm is around 3850 to 3950. Is that normal?

I appreciate any input.

• Baller

Mine came with the Acme 654. I switched it out for a 422 and had lower RPMs. Based on the advice of the SCR regional promo rep, I had the 422 recupped to the same specs as the Acme 668. The boat runs nice and the RPMs are slightly lower yet, but not by much.

Had an open level skier ski with us a few months ago and he liked the 422. Later he went back to Europe and skied with his own boat with the 654 and didn't like it as much. He ended up swapping out the 654, not sure if he went with a 422 or a 668.

• Baller
Thanks for the input. I just bought the boat and it has a fixed OJ prop on it. Not sure what the measurements actually are. Does the cup difference between the 422 and 668 change the wash characteristics of the wake?