Recommendation for sale price for 2004 Ski Nautique

JackQ

• Baller

I in the process of buying a 2009 Nautique, I wanted to have boat with ZO hoping it will help me practice at 39.5 off, and my wife does not like the wake at 28off (32mph) on the 200s so I was looking for a 2007-2009. Now that I have found a “new” boat, I am going to list my 2004 Ski Nautique for sale but have been struggling with what a fair asking price is. I bought the boat in 2004, and my wife and I have been using it at 34 and 32 mph, 850 hours, Perfect Pass, Bimini, cover, trailer, blue with silver/gray accent. The hull has never been damaged or repaired, no engine issues (oil changed 50 hours, impeller and transmission fluid changed every two years. No gouges, rips or tears, always covered or garaged.

Recommendations on price? I will post on ski-it-again and onlyinboards.

• Baller
I would agree with the $21-23K with PP. I have a 2004 Limited converted to ZO and I would not sell it. Even if I could get $28K (doubtful) the cost to upgrade to a 200 is not worth it. If you know your boat and are happy with the performance and wakes, save some money and convert it to ZO. Jody Seal converted mine 4 years ago and it has NEVER missed a beat. If it is not a Limited, the conversion is even less expensive. MWN

• Baller

markn, good point but I have already paid for the 2009 though I don't have it my hands yet. I thought about spending the 4K for conversion to ZO, but thought that would partially pay for the upgrade to the newer boat.

Your and rockdog's recommendations on the price sounds reasonable, I think I will list at $21,900 so that I have a reasonable chance to move the boat during the winter.

• Baller

I think the 200 has a more pronounced rooster tail/sharper wake at 32mph, 28 off. 22 off and 32 off does not bother her, others have had similar comments.

I can even feel a bit more a "bump" when I dont start at 32off. However, at 32off and beyond I dont feel anything, the spray and tracking on the 200 is much improved. As everything in life it is a trade off.