US Gear Lead Time

ThePantsManCan

• Baller

Has anyone ordered anything from US Gear recently? Is Randy still backed up with orders? I'd like to make a new order, but I'm not interested in waiting too long. Not that I need it with it being winter and all.

I love these handles, and I never want to switch to another brand. I found that it is MUCH less likely to handle ding your ski with one of his curved end handles. Maybe near impossible to crack a ski open with one because of the design. Anybody have the answer?

• Baller
Just a heads up on US Gear. Seems as though lead times are becoming more in line...at least for me....got my handle in 1 month, very acceptable for a custom handle. Thanks Randy. The product is great, can't wait to use it. There are now 5 handles in the family, 4 are mine and 1 is the wife's. Seems fair.

• Baller

@Horton I would say "custom" as you can order any color, rope type (Spectra or Poly), diameter (ground to whatever diameter you desire) , rope protector or not, radius or not, 12" or 13", Rathbun series. So, they are hand made and not mass produced. I think Masterline advertises they have custom handles and ropes too; and, with less customization.

masterlineusa.com/Masterline/Custom-Water-Ski-Handles/

• Baller

Masterline can customize anything you want. We are the only company that makes it's own raw rope and handles. We have our own blend of Poly-propylene called PolyProMAX. We braid it in house on our own braiding machines. We have total control over every step of the manufacturing process of our ropes and handles.

We do sell our rope to other companies, but US Gear will no longer have any rope from Masterline in their products. So you won't find the same quality rope as in the past.

For customization we have 8 different diameters to choose from in 10", 11", 12", 13" and 15" lengths or any other length you want. The rubber on our bars is far superior to anything else on the market. We have even changed our blend of rubber for 2014 and the grip and wear is incredible. We can braid the handles our way or any way you want, even anti-roll.

If you want handle with curved ends like the ones you are having trouble getting, give us a call, we will even answer the phone or call you right back: 1- 800-889-9883.

Check with @brewski for a protector to add to your handle.

• Baller
@Chuck_Dickey I tried calling the number on the US Gear website and "Mailbox Full" is the best I got. I sent an email from the website as well and nothing has come back. do you have a direct line for Randy? I would like to talk to him in person. @Horton @mlusa if I don't get anywhere with my order by next week I will be calling my CC and getting a reversal on my funds. I will order a custom handle from ML. Thanks for the info.

• Baller

@Skibug I have had a horrible time trying to reach Randy. He has collected my 136.00 back in Oct and no product has been delivered. I have tried calling (6-10 X) email 2-3 X and ZERO response. I purchased this via Paypal which I am out of the money due to the 45 day stipulation they have. how did you reach him, do you have another way to get in touch with him ETC???

If anyone know Randy, i would really like to connect with him.

Much appreciated!!

• Administrators

Are you sure PayPal will not help? I would ride them.

Chances are Randy will send you your stuff SOMEDAY but I am long past defending him.

Get your money back and call MasterLine

• Baller
I realize US Gear IS Randy. I think he makes a stellar product that with the right attention could be a meaningful brand in this industry. I would love the opportunity to speak with Randy about having his product manufactured elsewhere and giving him an "out" on all of this. Not sure if he wants that but it sure feels like opportunity knocking for the right Baller and Randy.

• Baller
@mzito, I wish I had more I could tell you; but, I use the same emails and phone numbers as everyone else. I did not order the last product that I received; it was a gift a relative ordered for me. The order went through, there was no return communications even after repeated attempts by my relative to touch base with Randy. Then, about 1 month after the order was placed, they got an email with a tracking number. The handle showed up about 5 days after the email. Not sure what else I can tell you.

• Baller
@texas6 I sent Randy an email and left a message offering to help. Never got a reply, no thank you, or anything. I saw a post that he had hired someone to help him. Not sure what they are doing. I'm going to give mlusa a try and see if they can build me a V radius handle.