Green was in, in 1991

A_B

• Baller

Keith, I am sure you pulled me at a Regional or somewhere before. I haven't skied the tourney scene for a long time though.. Came across this photo in my computer and laughed at the bright green jacket.

Pixel cameras didn't exist back then. Probably a Canon Sureshot or something like that.

• Baller

Ah hand timing...loved it! Seems pretty funny now, but it was a simpler time.

First buoy lesson I had was '92 before my second year of college. Scott Thompson was Midwest Regional champ and I did a morning with him. He had magnets and a timing device rigged into his mastercraft to give the times. Still had to hand drive it, but the timing itself was automatic and I thought that was really cool.

Cooler yet was we sat down on the ends rather than running back to back passes :) If I missed a 28 off 36 mph in those days w/out a fall we spun and went back at it! With stopping on the ends with coaching I ran 15 pass sets...crazy!! Who knew a guy should stop on the ends to conserve power. Actually could have run more but my feet would go to sleep in the rubber bindings.

Now my body is done before my feet go numb...even though I stop on the ends! Ah to be young and hand-timed again.

• Baller_
She's still the best driver on the lake period but back in the day my wife would .... Hand drive with both counter steering and throttling. AND I velcoed a stop watch near the throttle. So with the throttle set to speed, she would trip the stop watch with her index finger from the throttle hand. Amazing. She was seriously insulted when I told her we were upgrading to a PP system. To quote her "Why do we need that...?... I'm not good enough?!?!?" She got over it soon enough but it was a fun discussion. Kinda...

• Baller
@wish, funny my Dad used to hand drive and throttle with a stopwatch in the throttle hand. It was a funny sports watch where you could plug in the distance covered and it would cough up a speed based on the time. He was remarkably spot on driving a Centurion Falcon Barefoot outboard with a beast puller like myself back there at 36 mph. He would drive an hour to meet me with the boat just for the pleasure of doing so even at 65 plus y.o....helluva guy and great father/son memories.

Besides the fact that @AB saying he believes it was taken in 1991, the boat would be a 1991 or 1992 model depending on time of year and if they got a new boat. Judging by the Logo, its a 91 to 92. 93-94 slightly changed logo's and slightly changed the position of it but hard to tell from the blurry pic (excluding the 93 S&S and 94 Protour boats sold to the public). The hull is a 91-94 PS190.

Besides the fact that @AB saying he believes it was taken in 1991, the boat would be a 1991 or 1992 model depending on time of year and if they got a new boat. Judging by the Logo, its a 91 to 92. 93-94 slightly changed logo's and slightly changed the position of it but hard to tell from the blurry pic (excluding the 93 S&S and 94 Protour boats sold to the public). The hull is a 91-94 PS190.

Pictures- Day one bought from first owner to my place in FL (Regional skier and coach at VT) Still clean for a 1100mi trip lol.

the last two of the 2011 Southern Owners Reunion. MC PR photographer was there and my boat won best in show in my class and was on MC's FB page.

Pictures- Day one bought from first owner to my place in FL (Regional skier and coach at VT) Still clean for a 1100mi trip lol.

the last two of the 2011 Southern Owners Reunion. MC PR photographer was there and my boat won best in show in my class and was on MC's FB page.

• Baller
Might have been my boat. Spent 13 years on MC promo program, before returning to Nautique. Both of my last two Pro Stars ('91 & '92), were that color scheme. Keith is correct, regionals was split between Cindonway and Camelot. Slalom at Cindonway, tricks and jump at Camelot.

• Baller
Might have been my boat. Spent 13 years on MC promo program, before returning to Nautique. Both of my last two Pro Stars ('91 & '92), were that color scheme. Keith is correct, regionals was split between Cindonway and Camelot. Slalom at Cindonway, tricks and jump at Camelot.