The Camaro Gear on my rack

Horton

• Baller
Just took my first few sets of the season the last couple days in the Camaro 2mm Blacktech I bought from Performance (great customer service by the way!!!). The water was 53 and air about 60, and I was completely comfortable. With the Camaro, there is no need to ever wear a drysuit again! Now I am going to buy a heater top for when the water gets above 63ish. If you don't own a Camaro, I recommend you buy one right away if you ski in colder water.

• Baller
I just bought a 1 mm Blacktech heater top from Robby's and this top is fantastic. I was using a 1.5 mm O'Neill, however, I believe the thinner Blacktech is substantially warmer than the thicker O'Neill. Since I have a long torso I'm not a fan of a full/shorty wetsuit and the Blacktech has some extra length in it. Also, Robby does a great job with service and feedback.

I'm curious as well about the warmth. From what I read the Blacktech is newer with value added seams that are glued and blind stitched. I hear they are great and don't leak and you hardly know its on. The Modetec is seamless and I'm guessing even more flexible. I would go Modetec if its as warm as the 1 mil but if not, I will need the extra warmth. Anybody try both?

@rico Ski Sunset Ranch have some of the best selection right now. If you are looking for a different region or the UK please email sales-USA@camaro.at and Camaro USA will find what you need. @Marco‌ @Tanner‌ I have skied in both and I believe that the Blacktec will be warmer in the long run. The Blacktec would be better for training, off season, entry level and recreational skiing. Blacktec is still an incredible fit but the Modetec is a higher end neoprene, with no stitching, rolled gaskets and incredible stretch. It is actually possible for some people to size down with the Modetec suits because they have a bubble gum stretch. The Modetec product is performance and competition neoprene meant to feel like your wearing nothing at all. It can also come down to personal preference, if you are a cold skier, get the Blacktec, if you always overheat, go with Modetec. If you can afford it, get both and swap them out through the season :) Hope that not too confusing.

• Baller
If you mean the 2mm Blacktech, I skied in it last week in 55 degree water and about 60 degree air, and was completely comfortable. I think it would be fine down to about 50, but your hands and feet would suffer, not to mention the ice cream headache.