Clincher style glove = smaller diameter handle preferred?

Fine409

• Baller

For you folks that run Clinchers, do you prefer a smaller handle diameter? Looking at picking up a Masterline radius handle and going with either the 1.000 or 0.940. I think I've heard that going with a smaller diameter but wanted to get some opinions.

I have the Radar Vice clincher gloves FYI...

• Baller

I always used a 1.0 handle and I stayed with that size when I went to clincher type gloves.

@dtm8119 do you have the new Radar Vice gloves? How do the sizes run I heard they are different this year than last.

• Baller
@dtm8119‌ I have five sizes of Masterline handles in the garage. I ended up using a .940" handle when I was using the Goode PowerGrip Clincher-type gloves, and now with regular gloves, I prefer the 1.062" diameter.

• Baller
@Chef23 - I purchased them last spring, they are the White and Black ones. I'll check on the sizing tonight, but I usually wear a Large and either had to go to a Medium or XL on these...can't remember which it was

• Baller_
Black and white Vice gloves run bigger then then new all gray tone gloves. Trust me. I want arround and arround the Radar on this. If u wear a large in black and white, you'll need XL in the new all gray tone style.

• Baller

Before Clinchers I was very sensitive to handle size and feel. Now it hardly matters. I don't know if it is the thickness of the webbing or that the grip is so powerful but it is not critical. Now I need a bent handle to protect my elbows - but that's another thread.

Eric

• Baller
@eleeski - do you have elbow issues even with the clinchers? I am having brutal issues in one elbow and have tried just about every potential fix from handle changes to all kinds of PT to no avail. I was wondering if the clinchers might help.

• Baller

@waterskigirl‌ Try some sort of rubber band around the fingers. I use cut up bicycle tubes. @AKShortline‌ uses Orings. This keeps the webbing from flapping, bunching or not releasing. That trick really improves Clincher performance. But if the big handle works too, great. I might have to try that next time my rubber bands break.

Eric

• Baller
smaller the better allows you to roll it out on finger tips. Without clincher style, that small handle would probably wear your hands out, but with that strap, the discomfort is gone. If you use a big handle , you will find that handle is always right in the middle of your palm.

• Baller
We now have the sizing more true to hand size. I wear a medium as I like them snug. In the pro shop and dry they are difficult to get on. The first use they feel tight and the over the palm strap seems short. By fifth set, everything fits perfect. The added stitching to the pinky area really helps the glove last much longer. Go with as small a diameter handle as you feel comfortable.

• Baller
@wrtskior when I used Masterline Prolocks I left the dowel in. On the Radar Vice I used last year the dowel fell out in the first set and I just left them out. I use them more to protect my hands than improve my grip so I was fine with the dowel out. Either way I have never had a problem with releasing the handle.

• Baller_
Just an FYI... I have 2 pair of SMALL black and white Vice gloves for sale. One pair is brand new never worn and one pair worn 4 times by a long line slow speed skier so basically new. Stored indoors. PM me if interested in one pair or both.

• Baller
I have been using Clincher-style gloves for the last ten years. I have always kept the dowels in. As far as handle diameter, I haven't found any difference in what size to use just because I was using Clinchers.