Anyone ski Hidden Pass in NY

cacman

• Baller

I live about 40 min away from Hidden Pass and have been there as an observer for a Regionals tournament a few years ago but have never skied it. A friend of mine skis there regularly, Beautiful facility, the 2 owners have homes on the lake. It truly is a "hidden" gem in Penfield NY!

• Baller_

Hidden pass is arguably not only the best site in New York, it could be the best site in the Eastern Region. Very long at about 2300 feet. Soft water. Ski really sets in. You can really run some buoys at this site. Western NY crowd is awesome. Close to civilization. Lots of PBs at this site. Al Luck tied a National record there last summer.

In my view, the worst aspect of the site is that they use Bubble Buoys, and they periodicly have to be adgusted. If that is how low you have to stoop to find something to criticize, I say the site is awfully damn good. The other thing is the site is owned by Jim 'n Dean. Sounds like a sausage product...

I'll be at the July double record, but not the August event as I'll be headed to Texas. You will not be disappointed skiing at this site.

John WIlkins

Lpskier

• Baller
What @lpskier said. It is a tremendous site and the owners are good people. If you consider Rochester NY civilization it is close to that. Seriously there are places to stay and eat within 10 min of the site. Definitely go ski there.

• Baller
Skied Hidden Pass this Independence Holiday. What a great site. Two days of great skiing with a lot of new friends. I would highly recommend this site for anyone wanting a well ran tournament on a great site. Very wind protected. Close to a lot of fun things to do. Drug my family there, an 8 hour drive, now they can't wait to go back. Plus I skied well.

• Baller
@smilinjim, how does one go about getting on the list for your Thursday night ski club? I have a couple of friends who ski with you and would love to join you guys if you have a spot open up! I will send you a pm as well.