Strada binding sizing?

us_tdl

I know this topic has been discussed on this forum in the past, but I wasn't able to figure out if the strada bindings ran narrow or not. I wear 9.5 running shoes, but that is mostly due to width. I know that lengthwise my feet measure shorter than 9.5. I am strongly considering picking up a new pair of strada boots as my animals (size medium and fit well) are on their last leg. Any advice?

• Baller
If your actual foot size measures 9 you could easily wear size 9 Strada/Vapor boots. The 9s and 10s are the same width. Either size will work for you, the difference will be that you can get your feet slightly closer together with the size 9. If you go with the 9s they'll feel tight on the toes at first but the liners will "pack out" after a few rides to give you more room up there.

• Baller
I was in the same situation as you but I am one size up (10.5 running shoes). I am in a 10 Strada and it is exactly as @eddie_roberts_jr described above. It was tight for a few sets and settled in and now are just perfect.

Definitely heat mold them. I wore 2 pair of socks and stuff extra room for big toe. I used Fluid Motion (Jager) molding advice without buying the kit. A little scary putting liners in oven but its all good.

@us_tdl I would go with the 10. The new intuition liners are thicker than the older liners. I had 2010 Strada boots, size 9, with the gray liners (very thin) and they fit great. The liner wore out, so I got the new black liner in the same size, but my front toes were scrunched. The boot finally wore out so I got a new vapor boot. I tried on both the 9 and 10. The 10 felt better. I also wear a 9.5 running shoe. The 10 will also allow you to utilize the insert.

@ChadW‌ You are correct about the insoles. Just got back from a trip and tried on the boots. They fit surprisingly well without the insoles, but with them they are clearly too tight. I am going to start by skiing them without the insoles and see where that takes me.