Nano Twist Inserts?

jdski

Does anybody, with their wise knowledge, know if there is a way to put inserts into a Nano Twist. I am looking at buying one, but not sold on the lock. I would like to put some new type of hard shell binding on it, but would like it screwed down. Let me know all your thoughts. THANKS, JOHN.

• Baller

Yes you can put inserts, my friend had a Nano Twist that was drilled from the factory and had the same inserts as the newer models. Actually the holes were very off and we had to widen the plate's holes to center the front binding. Anyway that makes me 100% sure that the ski's top supports inserts!

You can buy wood inserts or ski inserts from D3 and FM. You can also search eBay for 8-32 wood inserts. Good luck!

If you need help on how to install them, I have done it many times, I can write detailed instructions.

you can also put on an reflex plate that sticks on with 3m trim tape, wont come off and had all the hole patterns in it already, but on the same note i would like to see a write up of the proper way to put inserts in to the goode ski. please post the instructions thanks

• Baller
@jdski‌ I sold a nano twist once and the guy I sold it to wanted inserts. I worked out a deal to ship it to GOODE, they put inserts in for the pattern he wanted, and then GOODE shipped the ski out to the new owner. Depending on where you are and where the seller is, that might be a very affordable option............ message or post if you need more info.

• Baller

Goode skis are very light because they don't waste materials over-building the skis. Some skis are not reinforced for screws. The velcro spreads out the loads nicely. But the velcro is a pain. I used velcro plus a couple of lightly loaded screws at the ends of the plate (to prevent releases) and had great luck with that on Kirk's ski.

I also had an old Goode with the screws stripped out of the ski (thanks @Than_Bogan‌ ). I added inserts and the ski is holding up to the abuse of college skiers as the team ski. Inserts are straightforward to install and hold up quite well.

My skis are lighter and weaker than any other. My inserts are worked very hard as an integral part of my unique release system. Inserts have held up quite well for me. Install the inserts on your ski and don't worry about it.

Eric

ps If the inserts do pull out in a nasty fall, just repair it and be happy it was just the ski and not your knee.

• Baller

I have put reflex or Warp bond plates and Reflex bonds on many Goode skis in order not to drill the ski. Bond plates are easier to install but add weight and height and possibly (not so sure) affect the flex characteristics. Reflex bonds are more difficult to install but if done correctly they are great, last forever and you have the benefits of inserts without having to drill the ski. I have a 9800sl set it up with Reflex bonds in 2007 and skied over 500 sets on it and they hold like new after all these years. Permanent Velcro (250+400 grid) is a hassle especially if you need to tighten a screw under the plate or if you want to try forward-backward movements.

I use to put inserts only on drilled skis.

I'm a big fun of Reflex bonds but lately I find no reason on why not to put inserts. Inserts are more user friendly than all the above, Goode puts inserts now too!