Wake Eye App

lpskier

• Baller_

Is anyone using the Wake Eye App, and if so have you figured out how to use it to its potential? Care to offer a tutorial?

For those who don't know what it is, it's a pretty cool program. Turn it on and your camera in your phone will automatically turn on and off based on boat speed. In other words, you can set your phone in the Wake Eye device and hit the start button, and it will only record when the boat is traveling at a skiing speed. Theoretically, anyway.

Lpskier

• Baller

The app is great. I use an old iPhone 4S. I do not have a mobile plan for this device. I downloaded the app via wifi. It works as advertised. I have used it for jump and slalom. It makes a recording of each pass. This is handy for post set analysis. For each recording you have to save it from the app to video roll then upload to iPhoto. Only complaint is there is not an option to "transfer all" to iPhoto so you have to do each one seperately. Same thing with deleting. You have to go back to each file and delete it.

I have not found the need to mess with zoom. It HD so on a big monitor you can see everything you need. Review on the handset isnt that helpfull

• Baller

Very cool app. Have it mounted to a 'Ski Doc' unit. Can set start stop speeds from 5 mph all the way up to 299 mph, in 1 mph increments. Usually set it for a few mph slower than set speed. Zooms levels...1.00, 1.25, 1.50, 1.75, 2.00.

Don't hesitate to get it. Only $0.99!

• Baller_
@disland‌ So you do not have a phone plan to receive data, calls or anything else on the old 4s... correct? No internet access on the phone, no wifi, and I would assume, no GPS. How does it know speed without GPS tracking? Or am I missing something?