2014 vs 2013 Prophecy

slow

• Baller

Going to buy a Prophecy. I have seen great reviews of the 2013 but nothing on the 2014. Are they the same. If they are, I'll buy the 2014 just because it matches my boat.

Currently on the first generation Prophecy. Any comments between it and the current model would be appreciated. I like the original but seem to be working harder on it than other skis I've tried. I always go back to the Prophecy ecouse my off side is most consistent on it.

Thanks much

• Baller

Good topic. I'm on a Strada right now but was thinking about a Prophesy as well based on Horton's review. I haven't skied as well on my Strada as I did on my older F1. Then I saw the Vapor thread. Hmm. I guess I just want something new. I saw the new Blue Vapor's ship in July, so maybe the green ones will get discounted. I'd love to hear some current comments on these skis.

• Baller
The original Prophecy was a more forgiving version of th F1 for me and less work. I hope the 2014 continues the trend. I owned the strada as well. Never felt that great on it, especially in the inconsistent conditions I ski on.

• Baller
@MattP, which ski for a hard-pulling old guy with a crappy offside turn? Most of my mistakes that keep me from running passes happen coming into 2 and 4 and result in lost angle. I feel like I have to be perfect on the Strada offside or it starts heading down course in a hurry. I didn't feel like this on my old F1.

• Baller
Try a vapor. Is so easy to ski on. The factory is out of a lot of sizes in green but I hear some dealers have tbem in stock. I was told sells exceeded expectations. It seemed fast to me free skiing. But in the course. I was wide and early without trying. @jjackkrash‌ I had similar issue on the strada.

I've had f1, '12,'13'14 prophecy. f1 to 12= massive improvement. 12to13 (gray to orange)= big improvement.

13 to 14 (orange to red)= no difference. I'd still be on the 13 but I backed over it with the truck.

Not arguing they recut the molds. I just can't tell a difference between orange and red, except the red is fugly on a ski.