vapor 67

tony

• Baller

Hi Chris. Tony from MN. We've skied together with John Vangieson.

I have a 67 vapor - love the ski. Weigh 190. Been skiing great (for me) running 35 no problem. I've just changed from animals to vapor boots. 4 set with the new boots. The ski seems doggy now. slow/long turns. Seems like too much ski in the water. Boots are at 29.5 - L 6.88, (just took some fin out) now at 6.82 .750 & 2.46. Suggestions?

• Baller
boots forward to more like 29 3/4 front 17.3/4 rear ish. Also if you are going to run a shallower fin then you'll need some more length. i would suggest 2.475 ish 6.880 ish tips the .750 dft looks good. the ski likes tips pressure. chris

• Baller
I had slow doggy turns on my 67 vapor as well. A suggestion from a pro that I was skiing with was to increase the spread between the front and back boot (using RS1s). I have always run my boots as tight as possible, until now... If your other changes don't do much, go this route, it really woke up how the ski turns, off side turn especially.

• Baller
Tony, in all actuality it probably feels doggy because you're pushing the tail into the water with your setup. You're 1/4-3/8 back with the bindings with smaller fin area. I bet you're getting tailslide coming at the buoy which scrubs off speed. And then you can't get the tip to engage to pull the ski back inbound. With that depth, you need to be in the 6.920 area or longer. Or just put rosscoes setupon it and call good.