Prostar Tracking-Boat feels totally different in a great way!

racerdjs

• Baller

Please see this thread, http://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/9690/prostar-2014-for-sale/p2

page 2 with the pictures installing washers on the rudder and steering linkage. I did this today and my new Prostar is a very different tracking boat. Greatly improved and responsive. Thank you Chuck Dickey, you made my day.

Quoting Chuck's post, "I drive lots of different boats, brands and years and my new ProStar is the best IMHO. I know there are rudder adjustments that can make this boat feel like it's on rails. I had the opportunity to speak with Will Bush and he told me how to dial it in. These picture show a couple of washers I installed to take out any play in the linkage. Worked great, thanks Will."

• Baller_
@OB, I am hearing that some are removing the cupholders from the back of the motor box to improve airflow and, as a result, acceleration. Some are trying ACME props with different cupping as well.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
@OB -- non-approved prop! I finally got to drive my boat again after a 2 week hiatus due to high water. Acme 1281 that is 13.25x15VL3B with a .09 cup. Acceleration definitely improved and WOT now 43+ with 4900 RPMs. Still feels really nice to ski behind. Another person I know is using the same prop with the 0.65 cup (he tried the .09 also) and he said that the .065 is the real winner if you have a shorter setup. He said the .065 cup also skis great. Someone who drives promo should push MC to get another prop approved.

• Baller
For my situation, the bolts are only threaded to a point on the shaft. The nut was only able to tightened so far. This left extra movement when steering input was added yielding late or more input needed and then too much correction to reverse it. Now when making slight corrective movements, I get an immediate and less correction than before. On another note my WOT is 41mph with the OEM 4 blade.