SLOT FIN SETTINGS

• Baller
These are standard settings for all skis that Schnitz suggests in his site. Both the Mid-Ride and Nano-One are wider than conventional skis and probably require different settings (holds true for standard fins). Have used the above settings but was not thrilled with the behaviour of the ski (especially offside). I am currently (last set) experimenting with different settings (Mid-Ride) increased length (considerably) and less depth (2,5540) but not absolutely happy yet (fantastic offside but somehow hectic onside).

• Baller

@Stathis Ventouris‌ I've tried the Speed Slot on my Nano One. If using it on any "wide" ski, making it shallower helps. Wide skis need less roll resistance. This will also reduce fin area which will free up the on-side a bit. You can also move it forward a bit to get more tail-smear, but shorten it by the same amount with this move.

The increased length you put on it will have helped your off-side more than the on-side. Taking some length back out may help your on-side by further reducing fin area. This may come at a slight penalty to the fantastic off-side, but may make the turns more symmetrical on both sides.

Finally, a small move back with the bindings, or just the rear binding, may help balance the turns on both sides too.

• Baller

From where you are at now with settings, I am with Skijay on the bindings. Try the back boot back first and see if that doesn't help the onside with leaving the offside turn alone. Then both boots back.

From your stock settings, I might have tried to push the fin forward a little first and taken a little depth out. That would free up the onside turn, and hopefully not upset the offside too much.

I have played around with a slotfin and speed slotfin. It seemed like it let the ski roll off edge behind the boat too much vs standard fin.