Anyone drop a 409 into a 97-99 ski nautique?

yardsale

did many searches...cannot locate anyone that may have done this? Was looking at a 343 to upgrade, but a couple things stuck out. One, the 409 has a very similar footprint, minimal difference. Two, lots of hoohaa about it actually being lighter than the 343; and three, ponies.

thanks for any input.

i knew a guy that had a 502 in his. a monster and he used it for footing, problem was the big block was noticible in the wake as it had a lot more weight. i don't think the 409 is any heavier than my gt-40?

although skiing is the priority, we like to long line foot on occasion and id think this motor could pull 4 guys. the gt40 struggles with two. have a 4 blade acme on there too. 13p i believe.

• Baller

@crashman agree the GT-40 is a horse. I've felt the later edition 196's with 343 were really strong, too. With the 409 would be a riot.

I'm one of those guys who says you will never regret choosing more power in vehicles/boats, but you may regret choosing less. In boats as long as no weight penalty it's a no brainer for me...gimme the power.

• Baller

The one comment by that engine on SkiDim is so sad. So the measure of success in a nautique that costs well over 100K is how many tubes he can tow.

"This engine is what I have in my 230 nautique. It gives you so much power that you could tow 5 tubes behind you. "

you've arguably got the best boat nautique has ever made when you consider the present day value of that vintage, and what it would cost to upgrade to a new CB200. The difference between the two boats is probably a minimum of $50k.

plus the classic look of the bubble butt........so nice.