If you can, you should try something like this.

skiray

First, I have to admit this was not my idea. Frankly I was a little reluctant. In the end I did it for my girls. (Thanks Michelle, Rhoni and Anna for talking me into it.)

My wife, Michelle, and I decided to "sponsor" a Jr. High girls trick ski team. We took our two girls and 6 of their friends and started a team. We chose trick due to time constraints and equipment. Our plan was to try to have practice two days a week July, August and Sept. We are taking them to a tournament on 9/20.

Stats:

First practice - 1 girl had been on combo tricks before. 2 of the girls had skied before. (3 could ski, 5 could not) 2 girls let me know they couldn't start practicing until second week of August.

17th practice (today) - 1 girl has quit. We have the following combo trick runs constantly in practice:

Girl 1 - sideslide

Girl 2 - sideslide, reverse

Girl 3 - sideslide, reverse

Girl 4 - sideslide, reverse, 360

Girl 5 - sideslide, reverse, 360, reverse, FB, BF

Girl 6 - sideslide, reverse, 360, reverse, FB, BF

Girl 7 - sideslide, reverse, 360, reverse, FB, BF, FB reverse, BF reverse

They have amazed me. They have overcome a lot. Missed practices, crazy weather and terrible coaching. Four of the girls are now better than me and my wife....

We have had a great summer. We laughed, they cried. (what do expect with a bunch of girls) I need to thank Inboard Solutions for finding us a deal on some skis and Performance for tracking down 3 copies of a trick skiing video. It was worth every dime and has helped me appreciate my skiing more. If you can, you should try to do something like this.

They call themselves the Ski Divas.30418rk1hvum.jpg