Switching from double boot to RTP

schafer

• Baller
So I've been on a double boot from about 5 sets into my ski career. I hear lots of theories to support double or single boots. So today I tried a RTP on my Vapor. WOW. it was so squirelly. After a few passes my onside was feeling ok. But my offside I really had a tough time turning. Should my front binding be further forward with a RTP than with my double boot? I figured if I never tried it I wouldn't know if I liked it. Any input is welcome.

@schafer‌ are you running a hard shell or soft shell front?

I am not the best skier out there but I am running into 36mph on my 66 Vapor and I have a Reflex front with a Radar RTP. I love this set up and don't want to change it EVER. I did find with the soft shell front with RTP the ski I tried that on was really squirelly but once I put the hard shell on it was very solid.

I just find being very balanced and on your toes will calm the ski down

• Baller
When i switched back to a RTP I did have some adjustments to make on the offside turn. My opinion is we often push the ski around with the rear boot when skiing on a double boot. My offside is consistently better now. A ski buddy who pushes the ski around on his offside could not make a turn on his offside due to this poor habit. Focus on your front foot pressure.