38 @ 38 - POST YOUR GOALS FOR THE COMING YEAR

GOODESkier

• Baller
@goodeskier go get 'em! I'm curious to try a flextail but running into low back issues one year after neck surgery...epidural steroid injections Thursday. Brother has a demo flextail hoping the injections work as I'd like to strap my bindings to that thing.

• Baller
Dave Miller looks crazy GOODE on the new Nano One FT. It is the shape of the ONE and XT but with the flex tail. I have never seen him ski so smooth! That is the one I would strap the bindings to if you were looking. I will be on the Flex Tail for the remainder of the year atleast.

• Baller

@MattP I know there are lots of versions in the mix. My best description is that I skied well on the XT but BETTER on the Flex Tail design. I went from the 66.75 XT to the the 66.5 Flex Tail. Picked up an entire pass this year in tournaments.

I do believe the current flex tail may be better for those of us on the upper weight of the ski sizing and the new nano one FT may be suited for the guys at the lower weight of the sizing. I have not skied on the production version of the ONE FT, but I liked the proto ALOT! It felt easy AND IT WAS A 65.25 that I tried! So, for what that is worth....................

Get out and try a ski!

• Baller
Hopefully get some more skiing in with a camera and person to film to send in and get some coaching, so as to re-direct focus for improving efficient movement and stance as I close out this year, and start visualizing for next year. Second, feed the stoke of my sons to get into slalom, and help them get going on form and fun. Also, get a plan to replace my boat.

• Baller
My ongoing goal is to place in Regionals or Nationals. The former is obviously more realistic. The last two years Regs, had I just run my normal practice average I would placed, but just didn't get it done. For some strange reason I have almost always skied better in the Nats than Regs. Has anyone else have that 'issue'?

• Baller

Hurt pretty much all year. Only even looked at 32 once. Pretty much a wasted season. Back is feeling a little better I may try to get on the water this weekend.

I am crazy jealous of @GOODESkier and all of you that have skied well this year congrats to all of you.

• Baller
As someone who has adopted waterskiing as the go-to sport for my 40-60 age range (and beyond hopefully), the amount of goals around staying healthy in the above is a bit disconcerting - especially after experiencing my first rib injury (fortunately not major). That said, I'm likely never going to be skiing the speeds (i.e. rope lengths) that many of you are at!

• Baller
My goal was to finally run 38, which I did about 10 days ago. I have not had the chance to try it again since but I was completely stoked to achieve something that has been on my radar for this summer and last summer. Granted, I have only run it once, but it's nice to know that I can do it.