HO Apex

Spuddy

• Baller
Any thoughts/suggestions on this binding? I currently have a radar strada binding and need to replace the liner with the cost being what it is I am almost thinking of getting a new binding (saw a close out 2013 apex for $149) I don't think I am at the level to go with a full hard shell and I like the radar my only issues being the liner and I wish it had a little higher ankle support. That being said HO seems to have changed bindings every couple of years since trying to find a balance between rubber and hard shell, they had the EXO, Apex now a new binding for 2015 makes me wonder if they are just trying to get it right or have not found the right fit yet. Anyone who has any thoughts on the Apex that would be great. I currently ride an S2 most often running 28 @ 34 mph and taking down 3 or 4 at 32 hope to crack 32 before the ice forms this winter! Thanks in advance.

• Baller
I was on the S2 for a couple years and on EXO. I was in a similar situation as far as needing new bindings. Thought about Stradas and pondered REflex. Went Reflex eventually. Awesome. Wouldnt waste your time thinking about Apex. Haven't heard one good thing about them

• Baller
If you like the Stradas I would say stick to them. I've got 3 sets of bindings on the shelf now because I bought something that I could not "try before buying". If you can try a set and still apply a deposit to new liners if you don't like them I would say go for it. Otherwise you may end up like me. :-)