Gator / Waterpest repellant

IheartJump

we've been losing buoys at a rate that's a little high for my wallet. i'm on semi-private lake with some wally's in FL. anyway we found a couple hidden in the swampy cypress area just peaking above the waterline. we drove in and recovered 3 buoys, all with small holes on the underside of the buoy, they were mostly full of water. i don't know if it was a little gator or a another water animal with sharp teeth. losing buoys to wallys i can sort-of understand, but this is just sad. anyone know of any way to keep them away (other than ski more than once a week?

• Baller
I do t know if you have muskrats in your area, but that is the culprits that chew holes in our buoys at times. Sadly I know of no remedy other than shooting them and that takes a lot of time and patience, just waiting for them to appear.

• Baller
Been around gators for ever untill now with my new lake. Had same problem. Go to lake buoys flat or gone. Best solution, install a sub buoy 2' under water with a small chain so you can remove the turns and end gates. Bungey with hook on the turns and end gate buoys - jump in lift the chain hook the turn on chain done. Hope this helps. Keith

• Baller

Sounds daft, but a long while a go I turned up to ski at a lake in florida and the bouys were a different colour than normal, when I asked why, I was told that the reason they were different, was to deter gators from chomping on them, remember turtles are green/yellow.

I do not know whether they were serious, but it kinda made sense.

• Baller
@BraceMaker‌, yeah we watch that. We shoot down the lake on calm days and watch them skip down the lake. They curve in the direction of the barrel bore, which is pretty cool. So we have an idea about ricochets. We have found our buoys pulled half into muskrat holes. Not a problem lately, so we leave them alone if they leave us alone.