Newbie looking for Wide Ride, but am open.

Rookie

• Baller

Greetings. I skied in my first tournament the weekend before and this is my first forum. What an amazing sport we have. I am the only active skier in our club not on a Goode. I am 6'1" and 195 lbs. In my search to find a ski that will take some of the drag off my body, I chose a 69.5 Coefficient X. I ski at 34 and have a pb in practice of 2 @ 32. I ran 3@ 28 in my only tournament. My goal is to coarse ski for many years to come and to run 35off. Oh, I am 45yo.

I want to find a 66 in 9900 Goode wide ride or 66 in Nano Wide Ride RFF, but am open to ideas. The guys in my club are all on a Goode. Three of them run 38 off daily with one getting into 41 at 34. They are extremely helpful in set-up and coaching. Thank you for your consideration. Scott

• Baller
I have a 9900 SL Left that I'm not using. I live up North in Montana and bought it from someone even further north in Cold Lake Alberta. So it hasn't been used as much as the southern skiers since we can only ski half the year. It's in great shape, hasn't been drilled into, has the Goode universal power plate with the interlock attached. It's a 66 145 Amp 9936. It says 66C99015WL (whatever that means). I was planning to list it for 600, but would take 500 for it (shipping not included).

• Baller

My 2 cents. If everyone you ski with is on a GOODE, they are likely up to speed on set up and will help you dial a GOODE in for your skiing. Not that they wouldn't help you on another ski, it just makes sense to ski what you have easy access to with experienced knowledge base. I would likely tell you the same thing, if they were all on RADAR...........

I had a mid-ride to start with 3 years ago, switched to a nano one (too small for me at 65.25"), then got a longer 66" XT, and finally settled on a 66.75" XT. While I didn't run a tournament 38 in my first AWSA season, I got DARN CLOSE several times, you could say I rico-ed a couple. I did run it in practice often. I really like the 66.75 XT. The new XTM seems like a great ski as well. If your goal is to run 35 (once you do that, you know what happens....... yeah, you'll have a goal to run 38......), I would say demo a few skis and buy the one that works best for you. You will have it for many years to come if you take good care of it!