CC buys PCM

behindpropellers

• Baller

@Rawski There are really only 2 towboat mfg that I know of. Malibu uses crusader in the 2015 Response and all 2015 Axis boats, and Supreme uses them too.

I'm curious to see if Malibu was already planning on only using the PCM/Crusader short term in the Response until they figured out how to jam the Indmar Raptor engine in there or if PCM/Crusader was the long term solution.

• Baller
This sort of thing happens all the time in business. Competing companies sell to each other all the time. In the case of CC, it's not about lowering their costs or raising their prices to their competitors. It's about driving more revenue, increasing corporate profits and controlling their own supply chain. They won't sell the engines to themselves any cheaper. But that profit will now find it's way to their corporate Net profit numbers. And now they make profit on every boat their customers like Centurion build and sell. If you look at the big picture, it makes business sense.

• Baller
If it gives CC greater control to develop things more then it could be great for the sport. Imagine developments like more integration with ZO for things like fuel management. The boat goes out the gates, and the driver disengages, ZO/ECU closes down 2 cylinders until the beeper goes for the next pass or the boat goes back into gear... start stop technology... better interior ergonomics by altering motor hardware positioning... better torque curves and engine mapping for specific props, hulls etc etc. Someone with a lot more knowledge of engine technology could come up with a lot more reasons than me.

• Administrators
@eleeski‌ hello my name is @Horton. I do not think we have met. Your above post is lucid and logical. You should visit this website more often