D3 fin gauge

LOTW

• Baller
As my season is long over, I am looking at playing with my fin and wing on my 66" VAPOR. I know this is not the time to do this but I would like to figure out how this all works before next season. I see the #'s on the RADAR site and I have the D3 gauge but I really don't know how it works. Are the #'s on the site current? Will this gauge work on the VAPOR? Pics? THANKS!

• Baller
I suspect that what you have is a "wing" gauge. Its only use is to set the angle on the wing, which for your ski is 9°. If you want to make sure your fin is set to the numbers on the Radar website (they are good numbers), you will need an 8" caliper. Instructions on how to measure a fin with it can be found on the D3 and Goode websites.

• Baller
Right, wing gauge. I guess that I am struggling with this thing in that I don't know how to position the rectangular jig on the wing, it kinda just flops around loosely and I am obviously missing something. Pics on the D3 site are not clear enough to see what's going on. The 9 fits in and so does the 7 so....

• Baller

@LOTW I have the D3 wing gauges and don't need to use the "rectangular jig" when checking/adjusting the wing on my Vapor.

Depending on the wing placement on some skis, the "jig" can be used as "an extension"...if the wing gauges are not large enough to get a measurement.