Bad ZO Puck

TEL

• Baller
Before replacing them, unplug the puck connectors and reconnect. I was also getting fail messages on both pucks and for some odd reason both of mine have been working fine ever sense. If not, there are some Garmin ones on Amazon that you can pick up for 1/3 of what ZO is selling them for. Good Luck.

• Baller
buoyboy1- Thanks, will try and unplug and reconnect. I did see the Garmin ones it looks like you have to replace the connects to connect to ZO. Do they work or is there some kind of programming needed. Has anyone tried this?

I thought I heard that GPS pucks have firmware that can be set up differently based in read priority! If I understand it correctly, this mean they can be flashed to read speed first and location secondarily. This is important to maintain the most constant speed.

The second way they are flashed is location priority, which causes speed fluctuations.

Perfect Pass pucks work well and are less money than ZO.

• Baller_

Perfect Pass has a direct replacement puck for the ZO application at half the cost of what ZO wants for the gold weighted puke they sell. I mean puck!

I just cant believe how much these little gold weighted items cost and the ramification when they don't work!

• Baller
Replaced the two pucks on my '08LXi this summer. Called ZO tech support. He told me the price of new pucks AND without my prompt said I should be able to find them for less money elsewhere. Gave me the part # GArmin GPS18x-5Hz. At that time, the cheapest I found was at www.gpscity.com...$139.95. Installed them and ZO system worked fine immediately.

• Baller
I had to replace my two pucks this summer on my '08 LXi...called ZO tech support and after telling me the cost for a new puck and without my prompt, he told me i should find the same exact part much less expensive elsewhere...then gave me the part number - Garmin GPS 18x-5Hz. At that time, the cheapest i found was at www.gpscity.com for $139.95...bought two, installed and system ran perfectly immediately.

• Baller

I replaced the two pucks on my '08LXi this summer. Called ZO tech support and after he told me the cost of the new pucks AND without my prompt, told me i should find the same puck for lees money elsewhere. Gave me the part # Garmin GPS18x-5Hz. At the time the cheapest I found was at www.gpscity.com...$139.95. Installed them and ZO system worked immediately.

Side note...for some reason i wasn't able to post here but @Horton hopefully fixed it...Not sure how to delete the two blank posts above