Recommended travel ski bag?

cragginshred

• Baller

A Florida trip just may be shaping up for Feb. I know a lot of folks just takes boots and get a ski where they are going but not too sure that is the best scenario here. What is a good bag and methods of checking your stick to ensure it is not trashed by the airlines?

Thanks,

Don

• Baller
I'm with @Chef23‌ I also use a wheeled snowboard bag and pack it well and it works great. My ski buddies have the masterline roller bags and they love them too. I would have bought the masterline if I didn't already own the snowboard bag. Since I started traveling with my ski I never use my snowboard anymore. And it's been 5 years.

• Baller

Sport Tube

Read airline agreement. Most only cover/allow ski n boots. Policy from SouthWest:

Water ski equipment encased in a container(s) acceptable to Carrier and including no more than one pair of water skis and one life preserver or vest.

Note: Water ski equipment will not be subject to excess size charges. However, excess weight charges may apply.

According the the SW person I spoke to if you put more crap in there than ski, attached boots and vest it becomes regular baggage subject to excess size charges, $$$.

• Baller

Hey Guys...

New Baller here with question about travel bags.

Was about to purchase a Masterline One Event bag but wondering if I can fit two Slalom skis in it? The Three Event Bag seems kind of big for my purposes. Just traveled for first time with skis and need to purchase something better for our stuff.

Thanks.....Dan C.

• Baller
@Bookm_dano‌ two slalom skis would be a very tight fit in a One Event bag. You can definitely fit two slalom skis in a two event bag. You will need to watch the weight though. You can fit two slaloms, vests and handles and keep it under 50 lbs but you can't throw a ton of other stuff in there.