advanced topics

Deanoski

• Baller
I don't believe @Horton has the qualification only for elite skiers, but rather "qualified." The last thing I want when reading Advanced Topics is a bunch of answers from guys who "think" they have the answers, but really don't--me included! There was a thread last year about a guy--who has subsequently been 86ed by our fearless leader--who argued at nauseum about how dry water training for proper stacked position is just as effective as being on the water. While it made for an entertaining read, I personally only want the very very few "qualified" peeps answering and discussing super advanced topics. Now if Horton wants to make a new thread about being a smart ass, I would put myself in the running as the resident authority in that area!! Maybe @AB also.

• Baller
Maybe the solution is being up front and honest about your skiing ability and limitations. For example, I recently posted some feedback about the OB4 bindings. In the same post I also mentioned how my skiing ability/level might affect my feedback for the OB4. Unless you are a "known expert" everyone should probably place an "asterisk" referencing their ability on any technical posting.

• Baller_
Oh good grief.....I feel like this is a rehash..again. I'll reference what @Horton said. Advance Topic is only 1% or less of the overall posts. And if you really want to chime in, PM one of the posters and have them ask the question or add the statement. I'll be happy to post your thoughts if I'm one that posted on that thread.. DONE... I hope.

• Baller_

@Deanoski, technically a true statement, but if I think long and hard about all the people I know in the ski community, I will still be able to count "the best coaches who are not the best skiers" on the fingers of one hand.

And now that I think about it more, I can really only name 1 person that I would consider a "best coach" that was not a very good skier. I'm sure there are more out there, but hard to find.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
I think most of the best coaches I can think of are all capable of running -38 at a minimum. I know I can coach beginners and skiers into -35 but beyond that I am not as much help as the guys I ski with that have run 38. I wouldn't mind being able to post questions to the advance topics posts but I agree with what Horton is trying to do,with it.

• Baller
@BlackDynamite I am positive that your incredible skiing is due solely to how incredible your dock training regime is. Put that rope around a pole and then lean way way way low to get into a perfectly stacked position. I promise that you will be running into 43 off in not time flat!!! Also, when you finish that, maybe you could move to Korea--I have a good buddy who used to be a baller that would love to ski with you!!!!