Drones for skiing video

Horton

• Administrators

Seems until the recently the DJI Phantom 2 was the only choice for filming skiing from above. Seems every few months I read on Facebook about someone losing a Phantom in a ski lake.

Anyone know anything about the Parrot Bebop or the Parrot AR2? Anyone else looking at this stuff for ski footage?

Not sure what else you would do with a drone? This link is ... PG-13 and juvenile but funny.

@Horton Check out FPVfactoy's waterproof drone - http://www.fpvfactory.com/products/mariner-accessory/mariner-rtf/fpvfactory-waterproof-quadcopter-mariner-rtf-kit-fly-with-gopro-waterproof-camera-625.html

I have got one hopefully arriving Mid January. It's fully water proof. The camera stays in the housing unlike on the Phantom's. It is stronger and more powerful than the phantom as well.

I have DJI Phantom 2 and I do get nervous flying over the water. However; If you make sure you set your gps position properly and ensure your battery is level is fine, you shouldn't have any problems!

The video you posted above is brilliant!

• Baller

At the "Chain of Records" a week ago at Lucky's, there were a couple of drones. One was a fancy

one in the $3,000. range. Back in my day, I would have had one, but they didn't exist then.

Quite impressive that the operator had realtime video coming back.

Lucky or Geno Yauchler may have info. We also had an ultralight do a couple flyby trips.