Shipping a boat.

barefooter2baller

• Supporting Member

Hi:

Do NOT use UAT Lines out of Miami. Damaged my car in delivery from Daytona Beach MB.

Also, if it is a new to you purchase, make sure it is Insured before it is picked-up. You may want to ask if it will be "dropped off at a depot/switching station" and picked up by another driver. I think this is where my damage occurred.

Regards,

Tom

• Baller
Definitely do your homework on uShip drivers. I few years ago I sold my boat to a guy in Austrailia. The boat needed to get to the port in LA and the buyer used uShip. That transaction went fine, but the Austrailian buyer bought another boat here in the US and tried to use the same uShip guy again and prepaid him for the job. He never heard from the shipper again.

Uship can be a good place to start but x2 on doing homework. Lots of low cost "shippers" will have no insurance or an inadequate tow vehicle. Another option is to chat with some of the RV factories in northern indiana and see who they use to take RVs to orlando and see if they can bring the boat to you on a back haul. The guy who brought my boat to Indy from California had taken an RV to Sacramento and was picking up another in Elkhart to take to Oklahoma.

• Baller
I don't know if you still need help on this, @barefooter2baller‌ but in October we went through shipping our 200 from silver spray sports in Michigan to California! We used uship and it was great got here in 2 days, if you would like the guy we used just let me know he was awesome! Enjoy your boat!