Measuring a Ski

Matt_M

• Baller

So I’m thinking about upgrading my ski and buying an old Kidder 7000 but I can’t figure out what length it is. On other skis the length is usually right under the tip. Is it possible to to measure a ski yourself and get an accurate length? Also, is a ski’s length measured along the curved surface or would you measure the projection of the ski onto a flat surface?

All I know is that it’s probably the 1996 model which was offered in a 65” 66” and 67” length. Does anyone have any ideas on how to measure it or where its length may be printed?

Thanks!

• Baller
A better question is why are you buying an old Kidder 7000. For not too much money there are loads of skis you can buy that will out perform that ski. Provide the info that @Horton suggested and I am sure a reasonably priced suggestion can be made.

• Baller

@Horton I'm 165 lb and would consider myself an intermediate skier. I usually ski around 32/34 mph. Currently, I am riding a 65" HO Mach 1 (1987) but would like a ski that's a lot more responsive and can turn much sharper. I also like the idea of upgrading from a tunnel concave to an edge-to-edge concave ski.

Thanks!

• Administrators

Haaa @MattP will tell you I go not read .... Yea! NO! Do not buy that thing if you can afford something newer.

66 or 67 would be about right.

Look at Radar Senate or HO CX or Connelly V