Water Ski History - what happened to it?

dchristman

• Administrators

@dchristman It is being moved. It cost me about $200 a year and I do not think it was getting hardly any traffic. It was just one more monthly bill I was sick of.

@TomD has all of the data but am I am not sure if we will be able to reset it all up. Tom?

For the record - @TomD deserves 100% of the credit for creating the site and maintaining it.

• Baller
@texas6 oral history is important and I relish it, but much of the water ski history precedes the Internet and I don't believe that the database is stored in the wayback machine. I would hate to see it lost. @horton and @tomd , if water ski history isn't going to be re-established, I'd love to get a copy of the db.

• Baller

For such an active and valuable forum, it would be cool if the forum software could track views of "archived" thread posts.

What if posts were archived based upon age of last view. Also, what if the archived posts were included in the search, meaning searching the forum yielded results from both databases (active posts + archived posts). Those which generate some level of hits could be marked for migration to the active database of posts, while others could stay in the archive database. With some archival logic like that, the two databases of posts would self maintain content based upon age and demand combined.