Acme 651 4 blade

foxriverat

• Baller
Anyone have any experience with this 4 blade prop. 13 x 12.125 LH The end of last season I purchased acme 541 3 blade 13 x 12 LH I was running OJ legend 13 x 13 on my 96 supra ts6m HO GT40 Nothing wrong with the oj but figured I could use a spare and read rave reviews about the new 541 cnc prop. I am not too impressed with it over my old oj. Top end same as oj. Rpm same as oj. Oj had stronger pull out of hole. Acme was smoother. Acme made my wake harder. Called acme and they recommended the 651 as it being a version of the 541 but in a 4 blade. Wouldnt guarantee it would soften my wake but said sometimes the 4 blades do. I know I would lose top end. But that doesnt matter. If anything. I will be putting the old OJ back on this year.

• Baller_

"13 x 12.125 LH The end of last season I purchased acme 541 3 blade 13 x 12 LH I was running OJ legend 13 x 13 on my 96 supra ts6m HO GT40 Nothing wrong with the oj but figured I could use a spare and read rave reviews about the new 541 cnc prop. I am not too impressed with it over my old oj. Top end same as oj. Rpm same as oj. Oj had stronger pull out of hole. Acme was smoother. Acme made my wake harder. Called acme and they recommended the 651 as it being a version of the 541 but in a 4 blade."

Why the ACME? A lot of fluff with a thin blade prop design that spins and slips more then it works.

Stick with a modern OJ C&C propeller.

ACME probably wont take the prop back, OJ will work with a customer on a new propeller and customize if needed for nothing more then you pay the shipping cost.

• Baller
Just got off the phone with Eric at Oj. Told him some people experienced the 4 blade prop softened there hump a little over their 3 blade. He agreed it could but didnt recommended which 4 blade. Just told me which 4 blades would work on my boat. I can choose between 1215 force 13x13 or the cnc xmp 402 12.5x12 First one he recommended was the force 13x13 I would imagine because I was running the 3 blade legend 13x13

• Baller
I have had great luck with ACME props and nothing wrong with OJ either Eric is great. But I found ACME worked better on my boats and the guys I have spoken with at ACME are very helpful--- they know their props, and they understand the ski boats we all use then really 'fine tune' for your specific need. They have sent me a couple props to try and return no questions asked. It's great to have two quality providers