The V-Type Underground

gginco

• Baller

Maybe this thread will evolve into a sub forum to talk V-Type.

Just got a 67" V-Type. Went with the green one. It's a really good looking ski. Trying the V-Max boots while I'm at it so it's a full change up for me. I know....not wise to go new ski AND binding but it's happening.

I'm after any "magic" fin and binding placement numbers ballers have discovered. 67", LLF, 190 lbs.

• Baller
In the process of helping a friend set one up, relatively new course skier so getting feedback is difficult 6.867 2.490 .720 8 deg (was at .728) think next will be to remove a little tip or bindings back a little to help ski cast out of second wake. Or open to other suggestions if people have them?

• Administrators
if your friend is new to buoys- settings r really not super critical. for a skier at that level I would ensure the ski turns on both sides and then leave it alone until his skills progress

• Baller
@Horton SHE is already mid 14m @55 kph after only starting course in November! I typically would set to stock and leave it but it is not quite right, turns are now even on both sides but seems to still want to go narrow coming into the ball. I may be wrong but I am not convinced it is her causing it to do this i.e. her technique is very good. Cooling down here so limited sets for whats left of the season =(

• Baller
I mounted up a pair of V-Max bindings to the V-Type and they are AWESOME. I haven't skied them yet but just standing in them is fantastic! I've tried a bunch of bindings and haven't found any I like better than my Powershells but these V-Max might be the ones. Nice work HO!

• Baller

I got to watch an Open skier on a 67" V type yesterday. In truth, I was impressed. The same guy has skied with us a fair bit over the last year or two on an A3. What I saw on the V type was interesting.

I have to qualify this by saying it was his first couple of sets on the ski and he only ran 32s and 35s. In his case it really won't matter what it looks like until 39 and the ski is not really set up at all.

All in all my first impression was that the ski is going to work. My wife (who is a mid 35 off skier) is on an A3 and actually commented on how good she thought the ski looked. She is not a "ski aholic" like most of us. It normally takes a pry bar to get her off of whatever she is riding at the time to try a new ski. She almost had a little glimmer in her eye of "I'd like to ride that".