Kelowna, BC - ski school/coaching?

pgmoore

• Baller

Ballers... I am fortunate to have been invited to attend a wedding in Kelowna, BC in mid-August. It seems like a good opportunity to try and tack on an extra day or two for some skiing and coaching.

Does anyone know of any ski schools or coaching available in the area? I've searched a bit on Google and am surprised that not much has popped up.

Thanks!

• Baller

Most of the course skiing is done on Duck Lake just north of the Kelowna airport and just south of Winfield. I haven't been back to visit family and friends there in a couple years but last time I went home there was 2 courses, one on each end of the lake. Would seem that it helps battle the wind elements.

The lake is active mostly with buoy chasers as it's not your typical beautiful Okanagan Lake. I have a buddy up there still who used to do a fair amount of skiing. I'll see if I can find you a contact name you might be able to catch a tug or two with?

Hey everyone: Been skiing on Okanagan for the last few years. There's generally 2-3 courses set up on Okanagan Lake at any given time. Only time to ski them is early a.m. before the tourists get on the water, or the wind picks up. No ski schools that I know of but there's lots of good skiers that are out every morning and generally ski from the Eldorado boat launch. Trying to get on Duck Lake is next to impossible unless you know someone in the club. Sad because the only times they seem to use their courses is before or after work. There's also courses on other lakes in the area. Hope that helps.

• Baller
This is getting hilarious - if you guys only knew - We've been run off of Duck Lake more than once trying to get a set it etc. Doesn't take long for a boat to show up telling us to get off 'their lake' etc. Interesting for a public lake.

• Baller

Huh... I'm actually shocked by all of this. I suppose it makes sense given that I couldn't find anything online. I was just sure that I must have been missing something.

Too bad. Skiing is such a small community already. We need to work together and support each other. Sounds like bad vibes out that way.

• Members
I'm not sure this thread is going to reach its ultimate purpose, I watched @ms from my deck the other night and he's already ripping it and be hasn't even touched his secret stash of Monza's. 39 is going down for the chap

• Baller

Funny how it seems there is usually a thread once every 6 months or so that leads to the cold shoulder if you will when it comes to sharing/using/enjoying a ski ride at a specific body of water, like @pgmoore says for small group of people with the same interest.

I know of maybe 2 or 3 people that even ski around where I live and that's a general population of 25000 or so, I would give my left you know what to get a solid core group of skiers together and set up on one of the pothole lakes near by, as it stands I have to drive 1 1/4 hours one way to get a set in. No beers no bullshit just show up, ride, go home. I mean I wouldn't turn it down but some comrade ry would be great too.

• Baller

Hey @goodskier Where about are you?

We ski in the south Okanagan and usually travel to ski pond 5-6hrs for some sets. We would love to pay and ski somewhere closer.

Do you belong to a club that would give us pulls - more than willing to pay

THanks