Throttle Return Spring

DkLkSkr

• Baller

I have to replace my throttle return spring on my '05 monsoon per Perfect Pass in hopes that this helps with my surging issue. Any suggestions on where to buy a replacement? Is there something technical that I should concerned about when replacing?

Thanks!

• Baller_
I am assuming they are thinking to increase spring tension? I would get a simple fish scale and measure your existing spring and shop at any auto parts store or hardware store for a throttle return spring and make sure using the fish scale that it is stronger (or at least different) than the one you are replacing. All you need is a tape measure, vise and fish scale to get the spring stiffness.

• Baller

Doesn't PP offer A, B or C springs? Just kidding. Really! It doesn't matter...

I always found that a longer spring was better. I need proper throttle response at both trick speeds and slalom speeds. Very different throttle positions. A long spring allows good return tension at trick speeds without adding too much tension at slalom speeds.

Mounting a longer spring can be a challenge. Autozone has spring assortments cheap that you should be able to get to work. I've used light bungee (Radar lace bungee?) as a return spring. It worked well for a while but the engine heat wore it out quickly. Steal some from a buoy to see if it helps the surging. Replace with safety wire and a long metal spring (or two).

Keep us posted if it helps.

Eric

Quick question on the surging. I ask because I used to think it was my return spring also. What I found out is that mine would surge only when I went back to PU a fallen skier. I had to learn to disengage the system by taking the throttle all the way back into neutral. Otherwise it would surge trying to get back up to speed or hit the RPM target.