Lake Latonka out of comission

GAJ0004

• Baller
They had to do work on the spillway for the dam at Lake Latonka. The lake is still down by 4 feet. No way to put a boat in. If anyone around the northeast Ohio Akron/Cleveland/Youngstown needs a crew to ski, drop me a line. No rain in sight. Trying to salvage the season. I will always bring gas.

• Baller
Lake Latonka is coming up slowly. Fortunately it has several streams and lots of springs feeding water into it. It has 24 inches to go before boats can be launched. My boat may be on mothballs all season if we don't get rain soon.

• Baller
Here in KY we have plenty of water on our lake, but we are as dry as if it were late July. Unless we get rain soon the normal weather pattern for July and August may stop us for the first time since we started skiing here 20 years ago.

• Baller
Here we have a good level of water, just keeps peeing on us intermittently all day or the temps drop back into the 60's. Would be fine if you lived on a lake and could just pop out quick for a few runs but having a day on the lake just hasn't been in the cards yet this year.

• Baller
We were able to put boats in, and got the course put in. The lake was still down 7 inches yesterday. We got a mini monsoon last night. My dad just emailed me, and the lake is finally full. The spillway on the dam looked like Niagara Falls. Back in business!