Liner for Reflex with some padding

Chef23

• Baller

My son had a couple of screws put in his ankle over the winter and in his first set yesterday he said that the binding was hurting his ankle. You can see a bump where the surgery was and can feel the screws through the skin and even though it has been several months and he is back to full activity he said he still has some pain when you press on the screws.

He has been skiing in a Reflex with the thin liner and I am thinking about getting a liner with some more padding. I know he has room in the binding as his foot is a little smaller than mine and it is the same size shell I wear on my trick ski.

I was looking at the FM site and they have a few liners available http://fluid-motion-sports-2.myshopify.com/collections/liners). Does anyone have any experience with these liners and how they fit inside a Reflex? I was thinking about trying a Splash as I don't know how the overlaps will work in a buckle boot. I am pretty sure they are all made by Intuition.

• Baller

chef23 you can also go to a snow ski boot fitting shop and have them punch that area just have him mark the spot on the outside of the shell. Or If you have a heat gun you can have him put a pad 1'x'1 on the spot put the liner on put the shell on and just heat that spot with a heat gun it will change easy you dont need much heat or time to get the shell to change. to cool the shell have him put it water if needed you can put two pads on that area when heating the problem area.

A thiker liner sometimes just puts more pressure on the problem or sore spot.

I have worked on many reflex hard shell boots they are way easier to modify compared to snow ski boots.

Deano

• Baller

@Deanoski I have been thinking about that. I used to fit ski boots and was also thinking about some padding around the angle to float the pain spot. It is close to the hinge so I am not sure I can blow the boot out.

@LOTW I ski in a Strada I didn't think about sliding my liner in to his boot and see if it feels better. I think a Vapor boot would feel better on his foot but he has been skiing in a Reflex for at least 7 years and I would rather not have him adjust to a new binding.

• Baller

Chef.

Why not get the thicker liner and use a heat gun to compress the liner area over the screw heads? No need to mess with the shell if you do that, especially if it's in the hinge area.

I use the Splash liner which is what comes with powershells. (I'm in a Reflex) My kids use overlap liners to fill more volume. Either will likely work depending on how much room he has in the boot. If he is using a standard Reflex liner now, I would think an overlap would be too much fill. Prob go with the splash.

• Baller
I use the VAPOR liner in my REFLEX boot, may I didn't clarify that. When I bought it, they sent me a size too big so I used my STRADA liner at the time. Wore out the STRADA and moved on to VAPOR.