Help me choose boots for my new ski

Jayhawk5

• Baller

I just bought a boat and want to get back into slalom skiing. I purchased a new 2014 HO CX ski last week and need to decide on some bindings. I use to ski quite a bit but its been about 10 years since Ive done it consistently due to not having access to an adequate boat. All of my previous experience slalom skiing has been on a O'Brian competition ski that my dad had from the 70's so I'm hoping to be in for a surprise with some updated quality equipment. I would say I'm at an intermediate level, I can cut hard but have never done a course and don't really have access to one. I'm sure my form is pretty bad. I just want something that is comfy and will not need to ever be replaced unless its damaged. I'm just planning on getting out and having fun but want to improve also. I may even take a couple day lesson once I get back into it and get some time on the water.

Thanks

• Baller
One of my ski buddies just bought a 2014 HO SL TX from Wiley's and he got the 2014 HO Attack w/ rear toe. He loves the ski and binding. Says he felt right at home coming off his Monza w/ an Animal boot. His 1st set off the dock today was 2 @ -35. 1 buoy short of a pb. Damn good considering he turned 72 on June 2.

• Baller
When I was at Wiley's two weeks ago, they had some stock on last year's vector boots, which will save you a few bucks over this years model. Personally, I tried on a number of boots, and ended up going with Wiley's boots. Good, old-fashion, rubber, double wraps. BKH

• Baller

@Jayhawk5 you need to get the aluminum plate version of Radar boots to mount them on an HO ski. I'm running Vectors (well sometimes) on my 2013 HO CoX and had to get the plate versions. Take a look at the Radar Sequence plate. It's the route I went. It's more expensive but the adjustment range and increments are better with the sequence plate.

• Baller

I just picked up a pair of O'Brien Prodigy boots, new, old stock. I bought them for a knock-around boat ski 2011 CX I had. I bought the 11L and 12R. I wear an 11.5 to 12 shoe and have heard these run small. They don't, they are perfectly dead on. Heat mold them exactly as the instructions say. They were very much like the Strada and RS-1 boots of the time. I played with mine yesterday afternoon and couldn't be happier. For $50 you're either set to go or you have a front boot and an extra. I actually thought I was going to use my reflex on front and the 12 in back, but since even the 11 fit comfortably, it serves it's purpose as the ski for everyone even better.

Now nobody but me even sees my Vapor.

Could also be a cost-effective way into some OB4's.