Ez compact coarse set up video

Sporty

• Baller

Ed usually supply really good detailed advices with the course.

Did you get some? E mail Ed with any questions you may have.Great customer service!

Great choice on EZ slalom!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller_

@Sporty,

If you are worried about the course filling the boat, then do it two phases.

First, put in the anchor, run the mainline, installing the gates and assembling sections 1 and 2 for each arm as you go. Note that you have to slide the mainline loop over nearly the entire section 2 before assembling with section 1, which also needs a mainline loop over one end. Attach the gate balls and boat guide balls as you go. Set the second anchor and tension it to straighten and align the guide balls and course centerline. Gate balls are slightly wider apart than boat guide balls, so the gates align with each other and not the guides.

After you have the mainline completed with gates and boat guide balls aligned, assemble the remaining boom sections with turn ball on the end. Idle over to each section 2 and connect the arm to the boat guide location. This process allows you to put the arms on after completing the mainline installation. Otherwise, if you are doing the entire arm and guides at once, you have to work much faster and ensure you don't have too much wind pushing the boat around. Anyway you work it, you need a good driver keeping the boat in place without running over the line.

Practice assembling section 1 and 2 on land with the mainline loops (make sure you use the loops for the boat guides and not the loops for the gates). You'll know it's right when the mainline maintains a tight diamond shape.

I don't have the pregates, so don't forget those if you have them.

I've removed the course in a rowboat by myself before (remove arms first, then take out guides/gates/mainline). Actually, it works quite well and you don't have to worry too much about running over your mainline or boat control. I haven't tried installing it alone in a rowboat, but I bet I could do it relatively easily.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I will only add to start the install upwind and let the wind push you away from the first dropped anchor or better choose a windless day if you can.

Good luck!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

I'd also add that rather than starting with the number one arm and then 2,3,4, go in reverse order by starting with extending out the number 4 arm first, then 3, 2, 1. This, for me Atleast, drastically reduced setup time and is much more efficient and easy. I setup up my ez slalom 3-4 times a week and can do it it with three people in under 15 minutes!

• Baller
@WIskier I will also most likely be in your situation -- setting up an EZ a few times a week and will be bummed if it takes 30 minutes like many people say. I'm sure experience counts for a lot of your efficiency, but I would love to hear more specifics on your process for setting it up so quickly.