taping hands

gt2003

Skied course for the 1st time Thursday (it wasn't pretty), 2 blisters on right hand, one on left. They'll be healed by the weekend. However, considering skiing the course again this coming weekend and that's just a few days before ski school in Texas on the 23rd and 24th. So, what do I take my hands with? Duct tape, moleskin??? I don't care one way or the other but I'd like to have fairly healthy hands when school starts.

• Baller
Depending on where the blisters are, you may want to cut strips of duct tape and run them along each finger, then use a full piece across your palm. There was an article on this a few/several years back and while I only had to use this tip once, it worked very well.

• Baller

For ski school you want to tape your hands starting with the first set. Blister prevention is the objective don't wait until you have a problem.

I use duct tape. Tear a strip about the width of your finger that will run the length of your finger all the way to your wrist. Start by wrapping the tape over the tip of your finger all the way down your finger, down your palm to your wrist. Do all 4 fingers you don't need to worry about your thumb. Tape your index fingers last. I don't put anothe piece across my palm I find that running the strips all the way down my fingers down the palm works.

Thanks! @wtrskior , the gloves are HO Empire's. they actually fit pretty well. With all the rain, I simply haven't been able to put in enough water time to build any toughness to my hands. Each time I was pulled up I could feel the handle rub right across the areas that blistered and peeled off. I'm pretty sure I'll opt for duct tape once they heal up this week. One more "trial" day in the course this Saturday then school starts Tuesday morning. If it ends up being a long term problem then I'll look into the other options. @skibrain , are you using your homemade ones now? 4 years is impressive to be blister free.

Thanks @JayG80 , following the link now.