Onside Turn Technique ?

Stevie Boy

• Baller
I am having difficulty in coming up over the ski for my onside turn, I really would like my Onside turn to be like my turn in for the gate, is there any tips for achieving this, I am trying to get the boat to stand me up by keeping both hands on longer but it does not quite feel right, I still drop back on the line and load.

• Baller_
99% of the time where the problem is located is the symptom....cause can be as far back as the pull out for the gate IMO. So without video, it could be numerous things pryer to that turn. Can you get some video up? Include pull out for glide of ya can. :)

• Baller

@ Chef two handed gate, nice and wide on the setup, standing bolt upright over the tip of the ski before turning in, various have commented on my setup and number 1 ball as being really good, I find falling back on the line at 2 ball and loading, I end up with too much speed into the 3 ball with not a lot of room, having to crank 3 ball, frustrating because the starts are really good, if I can get a good 2 the rest is all good, I just want more control at 2 ball.

We have a short setup, the only thing I have really been working on at the moment is turning in on the gate with enough speed, I know that I turn in with too little.

• Baller
Like @Wish said you cant just be messing up at 2 ball, its cause and effect...whatever it is you are doing its probably at the gate and the effect is being seen at 2 ball. The way it sounds is your getting a good one ball but falling back at 2, most likely your probably carrying too much speed into 1 and even though you feel your coming out good, your probably carrying more speed than the ski can handle. Make sure that when you turn in for your gate you're creating angle first THEN loading the rope. Not doing both at the same time. Also make sure your hips are under you so your ski is underneath you and you can be dynamic in the edge change. It is hard to tell without video, but maybe try this, I've heard this same kind of thing before.